Friday, January 4, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadows: Inked in Pink and Barely Branded




Excited does not begin to describe how I felt when I saw the swatches of these two on Temptalia. Her review, as always, is comprehensive and informative, so I really recommend it. I didn't see that many other reviews of these, so I decided to write a blog post as well. Here are some pictures first, scroll down to the end of the post for my opinion! (I love them!)





This and the above image, under natural light. 
Under artificial light

Like all of the Maybelline Color Tattoos I've tried, these are amazing. Hopefully you can catch it in the pictures, but they are quite shimmery. Not so much to be excessive or distracting to other people, but Barely Branded (the champagne color) is more like MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study (a very close dupe, actually) than Painterly. In other words, they're called "Metal" eyeshadows for a reason. 

Inked in Pink is a light, metallic (aka shimmery) pink, subtle enough to be wearable. As you can see in the natural light images, it blends out to a beautiful soft pink that I believe would look great on a variety of skin tones. 

As for durability, I only tried Barely Branded on my lids, one with primer and one without. I didn't try them for a full 12 hours, just about 6, but both lids have retained their champagny-shimmery look throughout the day, and there is no noticeable difference between the lid with primer and the one without. Christine from Temptalia reviewed them for the full 12 hours without a primer and says that they stayed put, so I'd trust her! 

In this collection, there are three other colors: Silver Strike, Gold Rush (which I believe was also released in a collection a few months ago?), and Electric Blue. I don't see myself really purchasing any of those, but you can order them online from Ulta, although I found mine at Walgreens. 

Will you try these? Let me know in the comments below! xx






3 comments:

  1. Love those colours! They are absolutely gorgeous.
    This collection hasn't arrived in Australia yet but I will be picking some up as soon as it does :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it arrives soon!! You'll love the colors! :)

      Delete
  2. I just similarly made a post about this product! I find yours just as informative! Keep up the good work!

    www.justjesabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I love all feedback! xx